Monday, April 2, 2007

Personal Fragrances

If you had to choose one, what would you like to smell like ?


Not for any particular reason I was scanning the shelves at a local department store when I noticed a new range of fragrances.
They were of a rather cheap variety, from the "Impulse" range. All of these new fragrances are themed for a particular city.
"Paris Chic" "New York Sass" "London Vibe".
I have never been to any of the cities in question, I suspect that many of the target consumers are in the same position. Yet for all my ignorance of these great metropolises, I cannot in my most freaked out dreams imagine that they smell anything like this. Not unless Paris has been swamped in synthetic fruit, London had been fumigated with Satan’s smelly socks and as for New York ! well the only vaguely plausible explanation for that funk would if the green slimy Ghost off Ghost Busters crapped all over Manhattan island.
So much for that experiment in metropolitan perfume but it raised in my mind the possibilities of perfume themes.
If you had to choose what would you smell like ?
Paris Hilton has an eponymous perfume. I have never bought it nor do I intend to. Paris H is probably the same but I think she has at least tried it. I haven’t but I like to think it would have the major aromas of Bacardi and Cocaine with subtle under tones of 5 Star Hotels and sticky knickers.
P Diddy, another pointless waste of space also has a fragrance out, I’m not likely to rush out to buy that one either, but I read that it smells like money, probably with just a hint of lawsuit.
I think that in the future everyone will have their own personal fragrance. They do already of course but these won’t be embarrassing ones. For me I will create;


Funkyfiend
by
Jacques Dee
"Be the Man you always wanted to be "


Major themes, Masculine Musk, Colombian Coffee,
Minor themes, Pizza,Meadows after rain, Patchouli, Cannabis oil,

What about yours ?

No comments: