Saturday, March 24, 2007

Kiwi Music Review



The last few years, indeed the last decade at least has seen a massive growth in Kiwi Art of all kinds, and in all manner of genres and styles.
What causes the introspective and isolated British colonials of last generation to become the proud and imaginative citizens of a New Pacific ? it’s difficult to say, a rediscovery of Pakeha uniqueness a general renaissance in Te Reo and Maori Tanga and many more things besides.
Included in this surge of quality and quantity is Cinema, Literature, Dance and Drama. But I feel that it is Kiwi Music that has gained the most from this new surge of enthusiasm, and so I will start with Kiwi music

As this Blog continues I feel the urge to branch out a little into the artistic realm, to offer the Blogosphere some of my perspective on some of the Artistic and Aesthetic Phenomena I have encountered.

In order to maintain my critical objectivity from the Media Moguls and because Spaceman Jack is a firm believer in Piracy I will neither buy albums (except if they are incredibly cheap), nor will I accept them free as gifts (except if they are from or by some I really like).
I may also steal a few things (except if the security is like way too tight and I might get busted).

No comments: